Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jewelboxing = branding?

I remember when I first started out in wedding photography...I would hand my clients off the shelf jewelboxes that came with the Office Max CDs. No inserts, just the cheap CDs staring back at them.

With my last wedding, I wanted to do something different. How could I use jewelboxing as an extension of my brand? How could I make an inanimate object reflect the quality of my work?

By choosing a jewelboxing vendor and a kit, I was able to do just that. The kit came complete with high quality, acrylic boxes, all paper inserts on high quality paper, and shrink wrap sleeves.

See the pics below for a taste!

IMG_0285

IMG_0287

IMG_0288

I wanted to give my clients something to do with this stuff..so I added a guest list so they could see who watched it the first time with them and when. On the other side of the booklet, they can write down which ones are their favorites and why.

Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Scott

4 comments:

Mark Zanzig said...

Scott, great jewel cases and booklets. I'm giving my wedding customers a standard DVD case with a set of (what I think) the best 5 shots from the wedding. A big photo from the set of posed shots on the front, and four smaller shots at the back.
I think the idea of having the couple write something into the booklet is interesting, BUT I would not actually be comfortable with this. What if they do not have that many friends? What if they have a bad handwriting and don't want to "spoil" the booklet? What if their fav's change over time?
Problem is - if they find an EMPTY booklet after a few years, they might have a strange feeling when watching the DVD.
(But I *really* like your cover design.)

Scott said...

Thanks, Mark. I guess it comes down to personal preference. They had almost 400 images on these DVDs, a slideshow, a coffee table album. The last thing I really wanted to do was smother the design in images! So I thought maybe they could actually DO something with this stuff (or simply choose not to).

Cheryl said...

Hi Scott!
This is Whit King's mom. I haven't seen the DVD yet, am waiting on my copy, but I've heard tons of praise from those who have it. Love your idea of branding the jewelboxes. It makes it so personal. And I know that Whit and Rebecca will enjoy filling in the information for a keepsake. Super idea!
Also, I just wanted to tell you again, what an awesome photographer you are. You were practically invisible during the wedding, but look at the shots you got! I don't know how you did it, but we are all beyond pleased with the job you did. I wish you were on the mainland. My youngest son is engaged now and will probably get married before the year is out and I'd sure love to have you do his wedding too!

Sasi said...

Came across your site through flickr... love the idea about the jewel cases. I had the same problem when sending off DVDs to my clients, but you've definitely given me something new to try out. thanks! :)