Monday, October 19, 2009

It's Official! Scott McNamara Photography is coming to Portland!

HDR1

Yes, those pesky rumors are true! I am relocating the business to Portland, Oregon this December.

So, why you may ask? Well, for one we (my wife and I) simply miss the mountains and the wilderness. Since we have lived in Colorado, Alaska, Hawaii...well you get the picture. Florida is just a little too flat for us. For those who have lived in the mountains, you understand...there is just something to them.

Also we miss a strong outdoor culture. We have always taken roadtrips and backcountry trips to explore new places. Florida is just not the same in that regard. Amazing places like Yosemite, Crater Lake, Canon Beach and British Columbia will be just up (or down) the road.

From a business perspective, my market will be from Seattle to Southern California and Hawai'i. So, the move also makes good business sense too.

What this means for my clients - If you have a contract with me for a 2010 wedding, we have already discussed it! All contracts will be honored just like I live nearby. I will travel to Florida to cover all booked weddings.

For future Florida brides, all 2010 weddings will be commissioned as a destination wedding.

As always, if anyone has any questions, you can always contact me. My website will always have current contact information.

In constant adventure,

Scott

3 comments:

Laura said...

You hardly gave Florida a chance! But then again, I've never seen snow or climbed a mountain... so maybe we Floridians are missing out! Wedding this weekend! Congrats on the move!

Scott said...

Thanks Laura! I really do like Florida...we just don't see us being here for the long haul. It didn't make sense to build a business where we may not live long term.

I am sooo looking forward to the wedding this weekend! Woohoo! See you guys on Saturday. I'll be the guy with the camera ; - )

Melissa w/ Soul Mates Photography said...

welcome!! i hope you love it here!