Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wow! 100 posts and look how far we've come!

I realized yesterday that I posted my 100th blog post. I know for most hard core bloggers that this may be a weekly milestone. But, for us photographers, this is usually a longer process. I thought it would be a good chance to look back at where I started.

My first blog post here was only in September of 2007. I was offering some informational posts about how to choose a good photographer. I don't even think I had any followers back then!

My first wedding ever was shot in Alaska at Alyeska Resort in Girdwood. It was for Leigh and Mike and below (based on metadata and time) was the very first wedding photo I ever took.

I know...it's not a stunner! In fact, the very first image I took is even out of focus and never made it to the client. It appears the bride was being reprimanded about something, curlers and all.

While looking at the last wedding I shot (Janice + Kevin in Hawaii) it is so surprising to see how everything has progressed - from my website and brand, to equipment, clients, and of course the 100th blog post. My actual last shoot was Michelle and Josh's trash the dress session, something that was never even on the scene back in 2003.

And, while I have now shot over 25 weddings across the country, I still get the creative butterflies in my stomach when I pull up to a venue. I still get that crazy awesome feeling when the bride and groom see each other for the first time, or when the father of the bride chokes up when he hands off his daughter.

Its a wonderful amazing incredible job to have and I am so thankful to all my clients (past and future) for the trust and faith they put into me for this most important of responsibilities.

Now I need to get ready for Laura + David's wedding today...

To the next 100 blog posts!!!!!

Scott

No comments: